“PARTY IN PLACE:” A MODIFIED PRAIRIE FEST 2020
Bidding is OPEN for our online auction!
(Additional items will be added, so check back often.)
Register at the following link to participate: qtego.net/qlink/prairiefest2020.
Bidding will end on April 4th at 10:00 PM.
Gift certificates will be mailed to winners and all other items will be available for pickup on April 11th from 9:00 to noon at Howes Law Firm. The day of pickup please stay in your vehicle – we will bring your items to you. Should you win an item and the donor is not able to fulfill the donation due to the pandemic we will refund your money. Thank you in advance for supporting the needs of the students in our district. Let the bidding begin!
Why will we party in place?
As you all have heard, meeting sizes across the United States have been very significantly reduced and we will not be allowed to gather 400 of us together for Prairie Fest 2020.
But here is what we can do. We can meet electronically through our friends at Qtego who have allowed our supporters to participate in our auctions and other Prairie Fest activities by cell phone for the past three years.
Here are some details to help you as you plan for another fun Prairie Fest.
· Prairie Fest is still scheduled to happen electronically on April 4, 2020.
· All of our silent and live auction items will be available through Qtego.
· The auction will open on March 23 and other items will be added from time to time so please visit Qtego regularly. The auction will end at 10:00 pm on April 4.
· In addition to all of you who have registered for Prairie Fest the public will be invited to participate in the auction and fundraising events too.
· Invite your friends and family to bid on auction items by registering at the following link: qtego.net/qlink/prairiefest2020.
· Some auction items may be affected by restrictions recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the College Community School District. For example, in the past we have auctioned priority seating at graduation. Should the traditional graduation ceremonies be prohibited the Prairie School Foundation will gladly refund your purchase price.
· We intend to use this year’s theme, “Kentucky Derby” for Prairie Fest 2021 scheduled for March 27, 2021. If you purchased a horse for this year’s video horse races we ask that you feed, water and train your horse for one more year for the running of the 2021 races.
Now another word about “Party in Place.” While we will miss getting almost 400 Prairie supporters together we encourage you to party at home. If you do, please take a video or a selfie and send it to Tina DuBois at email@example.com or Randy Rumery at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share it.
Thank you for your understanding and your ongoing commitment to the Prairie School Foundation’s mission, “Collaborating for Sustained Excellence in Education” for the benefit of our Prairie Kids.
Are you already tired of snow and cold weather? Have your thoughts turned to spring 2020, with warm breezes, tulips blooming, birds singing and the Prairie School Foundation’s annual Prairie Fest? We can assure you that Prairie Fest is off and running? You can bet it’s not too early to mark this year’s date, Saturday April 4, 2020 on your calendars. Post time is 4:00 pm at The Hotel at Kirkwood Center.
The Prairie Fest Committee is already in training to run the best ever Fest this year! Have you noticed the words in italics? They are meant to give you a clue about this year’s theme: It’s “Night at the Races” our own version on the Kentucky Derby.
The doors open at 4:00 pm when participants can register, enjoy a complimentary beverage, catch-up with friends and view the hundreds of silent and live-auction items donated by local businesses, merchants and individuals. Dinner will be served at 6:15 and will be followed by the live auction. You will be able to vote on next year's theme as well as the best Kentucky Derby hat! Don't foget to join the Heads or Tails game and make sure you donate to Fund a Need where we will raise money for a special project.
This year we plan to change things up a bit by replacing our traditional entertainment with electronic horse racing. That's right - we're bringing our version of the Kentucky Derby to you. ***Horses are SOLD OUT*** We are currently looking for 24 "horse owners" to participate in the fun! All you need to do is "purchase" a horse for $50, come up with a name for the horse and the jockey, and you are ready for competition. You will be randomly assigned to one of four races. Each winning horse will be entered into a drawing for a $250 Scheel's gift card.
If the racing spotlight isn't for you, no worries, yhou can still join in the fun. For just $5 per race you can place a "bet" on the winning horse. Cheer your horse to victory and each time your horse wins you get to choose a Prairie themed prize (valued at approximately $10).
Prairie School Campus Street Signs (Each winning bidder can personalize their street sign with their business name or perhaps the names of their Prairie Students).
Preferred parking at popular school events including Homecoming, Bands Across the Prairie, Premiere and Grand March.
A lifetime family activity pass for all Prairie-sponsored activities.
Premium seating for Prairie graduation offering 10 reserved seats with the best views and vantage points for pictures of the graduates.
An autographed guitar from Rick Springfield.
Prairie School Foundation
401 76th Avenue SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404-7034
Phone: (319) 848-5200 Ext. 2044
© 2020 Prairie School Foundation, All Rights Reserved | Web Application by Informatics, Inc